Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is and how is perametrized cell used ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.sivakumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
perametrized cell

Hi
What is perametrized cell ? can any one explain what is the use and where we can use these cells in analog layouts ?

Thanks
Siva

Re: perametrized cell

A paramaterized Cell is a layout cell in which you can change the layout ( change the sizing ) by changing a parameter ( a variable ).

Typically, a design Kit will contain PCELLs of all transistors and passive elements. So, you do not need to draw your own transistor. You just insert a pcell with the device size and all you need to do is perform placement, matching and routing

now if i start working on 90nm tech am i sippose to get the pcells of this tech????

as of now i am working on 180 nm tech but the pcells r not of 180nm tech thats y....

also one might be able to draw pcells of any tech he/she wants..

pls comment on this...

thanks,
Prasad

you can get the pcells from the pdk (process design kit) of your process.
if you draw the cells manually, it is no longer p cell, but s-cell (standard cell).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back