Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a technology file and how to import the synthesized HDL design to Virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anantha_09

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to cadence virtuoso

wat is meant by technology file?

how can i import the synthesised hdl design i.e .db file (gatelevel netlist) into virtuoso.

does any one has virtuso tutorials or labs?

please help me.

virtuoso technology file import

virtuoso is a custom layout, you can't read-in hdl netlist. tech file in virtuoso is for layers and their fill pattern definition

virtuoso xl layout editor user guide

Hi anantha,

technology file includes DRC rules and extraction rules.
distribution of cadence Virtuoso tutorials is not a legal if you r using it you can find tutorials in cdsdoc folder

Re: virtuoso help

sekapr said:
virtuoso is a custom layout, you can't read-in hdl netlist. tech file in virtuoso is for layers and their fill pattern definition

Hi sekaps,
Then you mean it is impossbile to automatically construct a physical layout in Cadence Virtuoso XL using a netlist generated from, let's say, Xilnx Synthesis Technology (XST) ?

But in the Virtuoso XL Layout Editor User guide, it seems possible (page 88) : in CIW, File ->Import ->XL netlist

My concern it about compatibility issues ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back