Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a good method to design an OTA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to design an OTA ?

Hi,

i would like to know where i can find a mthod to design OTAs (Symmetric OTA, Cascode, Folded cascode....)

I am working on an On chip Voltage regulator and i need to design a very good OTA with good performance in Slew Rate, Phase margin, Gain....

Do you have a good procedure/method to design these OTAs?

Thanks!

How to design an OTA ?

Try and read any of the basic books. But if you want a step to step procedure, try referencing Allen and Holberg's Book on CMOS Analog Circuit Design or Behzad Razavi's Book.

I would suggest you design a single pole circuit like a folded cascode. But if PSRR requirements are too stringent, then you have to go for a higher gain structure.

Re: How to design an OTA ?

Think you for your answer

I think that i will begin with a folded cascode and i will study the books you tell me

Other question, for my Voltage regulator, i have to use an integrated capacitor for the compensation of the systeme due to the application of my chip. (I can't use any external capacitor), do you know a good error amplifier for this system??

Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.