Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a flip flop and its function ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
flip flop

flip flop is a data storage element that can retain the stored value ubtil next clock OR u want to change or store new data. its diferent from latch coz latch always changexs state when the data input changes but flip flop doesnt

Re: flip flop

It may help you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip-flop_(electronics)

flop is a permanent storage element. One flop store maximum of one bit. flop Operations are controlled by clock.

if you want more details regarding flop mail me.

Hi Friend,

Flip Flop is a data storage device that can store only 1 bit.

Regards,
Avinash.S.

flip flop

As mentioned before. Try the Wikipedia link.

It has a very complete information about what it is, how it works, the different types of it (D, T, S-R, etc) and everything explained in a very simple way so everyone can understand it...

One bit memory storage device.
In terms of electronics circuit, u can consider it as a bistable multivibrator in which one transistor will remain in cut off i.e high output voltage and one will remain in saturation i.e. low output voltage. Untill you applied external input, it will remain in initial state.

flip flop is also called a bistable multi-vibrator. it stores one bit of data.

Flipflop is a storage device in which we can store 1 bit data. It captures the input only at the clock edge. We need to meet the setup/hold requirements, so that the operation of the flipflop will be clear otherwise the output will be unpredictable.

Here is an example of a flip-flop.
As you can see is a sequential circuit which output also depends on the last state of the circuit.

32_1209312823.jpg

I hope it helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back