Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapuia

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was looking at an ad for a 32x16 LED matrix board in which one of the images shows the back of the board and identifies the key components. This includes three different ICs - one 74HC245, several 74HC595 ICs and four "4593" chips. The first two are common but I'm not familiar with the 4593 and can't find a datasheet for it. It's an 8-pin chip and is tagged as a "row driving tube". Can anyone please enlighten me?

Hi,

Are you sure it is the device name? It could be the date code: WWYY.

Klaus

LED boards have usually PMOSFETs as row multiplexers.

Any recognizable vendor logos?
Can you take a focused picture of the device?

I haven't bought the board and the image on the ad is not big enough to show the markings on the chips directly. What I cited were notations made by the vendor. Here's the URL: https://tinyurl.com/hjn3oup - it's the third large image when you scroll down the page.

I finally got it. It seems the seller (or whoever provided the image) mixed up the two middle digits. It's 4953, not 4593. After a diligent search for likely candidates, I found a site that shows AMP4953 chips as row drivers. But even this guy still got it wrong. It's APM4953. Fairchild makes them as FDS4953. Others simply mark it as a 4953. You're right, FvM: it's a dual P-MOSFET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…