Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What has faster data transfer, MMC or SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarTorch

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: MMC and SD

Is there anyone know MMC and SD card which one has a faster data transfer speed (read and write)?

I recommand you tu use Atmel data flash... h**p://w*w.atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?family_id=616&family_name=DataFlash%26reg%3B&part_id=1883

It's only 8MB but fast... and work on SPI bus like MMC&SD,

Another strategy is to use some static or dynamic ram and buffer data inside; when the process become noncritical, you have to save the buffer in sd card...
The best device for do this job is an FAST FPGA... SDRAM+FPGA (sdram core+spi core+glue logic)+SD Card = voyla you have a fast SD card...

Hope this help,
//a

Thanks a lot aNdreiBuuu.
I want to know more about how fast the MMC and SD they are. Is there anyne can help?

SD is faster the MMC but it also depend on how the card is acceced. I was just searching for somthing simular and found this link, to a document describing just the speed of MMC/SD cards, it also was a great introduction to how you can acces them.

Understanding Secure Digital I/O Performance in Systems and Cards
https://www.windowsfordevices.com/files/misc/SDIO-whitepaper.pdf

re Me

On paper, SD is faster than MMC. But in practice, transfer rates are most of the time limited by the reader itself.

SD is faster and more secure ...

MMC 4.0 is 52MHz x 8bit = 418Mb/s,
SD 1.1 is 50MHz x 4bit = 200Mb/s,
so, MMC 4.0 is fast than SD 1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back