Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happens when wire length decreases ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phy_des

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wire length

dear all............

just wanted your views on what happens when wirelength decreases......

the things i know are since length decreases
delay decreases and
less congestion .....

regards
aswin

Re: wire length

If you are talking for power electronics side, then ofcourse drop decreases (in a high current passage), power decreases, heat decreases and so on.
If you are talking about the digital circuit, then frequency matters (due to inductance of wire) etc etc

wire length

I wud like to share something
see wt happens is delay depends upon the net length
As ur netlength increases ur delay increases but if u add a buffer ur effective delay reduces

But if ur net length is smaller wt happens is if u add any buffer then the delay of the buffer will also gets added........

Hope it is clear for u if u again have doubt thn u can ask me
Bye take care

Re: wire length

thank you friends.....
inductance never came into my mind ...... thank you
you are very much true but the thing is i dont want to reduce my netlength by adding buffers rather i would like to specify through commands.......
consider i am using it for noise analysis .... then in that case capacitance decreases and can i take that i wil have low Xtalk noise also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back