Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happens when we connect two different gorunds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My µcontroller was operating normally. There was only one supply at that moment. Than i plugged out the power cables to connect two different supplys grounds. One of them is 5VDC and the other is 33VDC. I made the connections of the grounds with the supplies are offline. But the main capacitors of the supplies were charged i think. After this µcontroller didn't work. I think it burnt. What may cause this? A negative transient? What should we do to prevent this kind of damages?

If both supply is not isolated , there could be ground current leakage. In that case there would be potential difference between both grounds which causes a current flow. That could destroy your circuit. Check the isolation and potential difference between two power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back