Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What for are the 1.2, 2.5 and 3.3V used in Xilinx FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLSI_CHE

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know what for are the 1.2,2.5 and 3.3V useful in an FPGA.

Interface to external logic standard with those voltages?

this are used for interfacing externals as mrflibble said...
in xilinx FPGA their are different banks each bank has different voltages
for example in spartan-6 bank-0 and bank-2 has 2.5v, bank-123 has 1.5v some banks has 3.3v.

All FPGAs need at least a low core voltage (e.g. 1.2 V) and a high auxilary and IO supply voltage (e.g 2.5 or 3.3 V). IO voltage supplies are required according to the application and have to be added, if not already present for the basic FPGA supply, e.g. 3.3 V for general logic, 2.5 V for LVDS, 1.8 or 1.5 V for RAM interfaces. As said, you have to select a supply voltage for each bank of IO pins. Simple designs can use an unified supply voltage for all IOs, typically 2.5 or 3.3 V.

ohk now i understood that each of the voltages given to the FPGA are for specified banks in it. i am using sparton 3 for now . so could anyone tell me the voltages used for it , the 1.2,2.5, and 3.3 used for the same reoson?

the 1.2,2.5, and 3.3 used for the same reoson?
Yes. Do you have a particular development board? The IO voltage assignment is usually fixed for a specific board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back