What filter type should I select for such bandpass filter design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huvarda

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to design a bandpass filter. Center frequency is 400MHz and bandwidth is 40MHz. Insertion loss will not be greater than 1dB. Rejection will be 50dB in the rejection band, 0-360MHz and 465-1000MHz. What is the best suitable filter type (LC, Combline, Interdigital....) I can realize this filter in as small package as possible?
Your help will be appreciated.

Re: Bandpass Filter

LC type is the only option you have all others are to bulky due to low frequency (400MHz) and high PCB cost since you demand a low insertion loss....

PaulHolland said:
LC type is the only option you have all others are to bulky due to low frequency (400MHz) and high PCB cost since you demand a low insertion loss....

what order and topology of filter do you guess that I can achieve these specs?

Bandpass Filter

What about cascading a low pass and high pass filters as the ratio 40/400 seems to be little bit large.

I think achieving both reject band and insertion loss at the passband is difficult in lowpass+ highpass filter arrangement. Size, as you said, will be big too.

What is the max. power passes through the filter ?

< 1W : use dielectric filter, small, cheap and easy to implement.

Rogerynt

use lc filter. Easy to design & assemble.

Do you know any off-the-shelf dielectric filters which work around 400MHz? How I will choose these resonators to build a filter meeting these specifications?
Thanks rogerynt

I just looked at the insertion loss plot of the helical filter you suggested me. That helical filter doesn't give me the rejection I need unfortunatelly.

Bandpass Filter

hi.
To design a Band pass filter with lumped element you can use capacitive coupling method. For this u can refer Mathai's Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.