Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What exactly is Technologist from IC design doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_class

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Technologist

Hello All

Anyone has the idea what actually a Technologist from IC design does for the job? I know it is something like assisting and giving ic designer advice on the part of process technology influence on circuit design. How to learn such a knowledge?
Any site or book teach about this?
Kindly enlighten

Thank you all

best regards
Jason

Re: Technologist

Technologiest? I've never heard it before...well from ur description there a person who is similar to that...

Well the person use solid state and microelctronic ( physical part ) knowledge, process engineer or someone like that.

The create basis technology like MIM, SOI and setting the parameter and define the characteristic.

Maybe this kind of person can consult designer of what type of technolgy to use in a given design

Hi Syukri

Thanks for answering about" Technologist"
Can I know wher can we get useful knowledge about measuring parameter for different device structure or different process?
Any book or website you can recommend?
Thank you

best regards
Jason

Well u can try www.mosis.org

and go to Berkleys website is also a good idea....

Usually this person is those who is responsible in setting up modeling like BSIM3, BSIM4 and so on.

We designer need to design circuit that can work and meet the spec, in term of material to use it's up to other person.

Picture it like this, to make a shirt...

You will choose a tyype of fabric to use, which is suitable for surtance occasion...

We designer cut the fabric to become sleeve or jacket for example...

Packaging IC person, sew them all

Status
Not open for further replies.