Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What EM SW to simulate planar struct.s on ANISOTROPIC SUBS.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetro78

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What Sw is more appropiate to simulate planar stucture printed on anisotropic substrates?

I tried DESIGNER...but it doesn't work with anisotropic materials...the same for SONNET Lite...

I tried HFSS but it is not so friendly and reliable concerning the excitation: I simulated a simple CPW with two wave port at the ends (following all the reccomandations of the HFSS port tutorial) and I get a strange results about scattering parameters.

I heard about ADS MOMENTUM..but I could not fins a trial version. O
Does anyone know if it is appropiate to my purpose? And also how can I get the software to try it?

Other SW to reccomand?

Thank u!

Re: What EM SW to simulate planar struct.s on ANISOTROPIC SU

Just curious... what are the properties of your dielectric?

Lithium Niobate....

beetro78 said:
What Sw is more appropiate to simulate planar stucture printed on anisotropic substrates?

I tried DESIGNER...but it doesn't work with anisotropic materials...the same for SONNET Lite...

I tried HFSS but it is not so friendly and reliable concerning the excitation: I simulated a simple CPW with two wave port at the ends (following all the reccomandations of the HFSS port tutorial) and I get a strange results about scattering parameters.

I heard about ADS MOMENTUM..but I could not fins a trial version. O
Does anyone know if it is appropiate to my purpose? And also how can I get the software to try it?

Other SW to reccomand?

Thank u!

beetro:

I heard that Sonnet has a beta test version of Sonnet Professional that can simulate anisotropy in the standard dielectric layers. You should contact Sonnet to ask about this.

--Max

Status
Not open for further replies.