Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Eda to use for building simple circuits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tichy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What Eda to use....

for building simple circuits, analyse with Pspice, now and then making a prototype board (2 layer mainly, rarely 4).
Orcad Capture -> Power PCB (not well integrated?)
Orcad Capture -> Allegro?
Concept HDL -> Allegro?
Anything else?
I have some experience with Capture - PCB Navigator - Power PCB, but is it not to well integrated, especially the footprint libs are poor.

What Eda to use....

Tichy

I suggest u to use Concept HDL and Allegro even though its difficult to begin it up.

Regards
Binu George

tichy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: What Eda to use....

-I don't like Concept HDL as much as OrCAD Capture
-Integration between OrCAD Capture and PowerPCB isn't as tied as OrCAD Capture with Allegro
-Allegro+Specctra productivity is really outstanding

I prefer the following combination:
OrCAD Capture + PSpice + Allegro + Specctra

Maybe it sounds like a fool Cadence advertisement, but isn't.

Regards.

tichy

Binu,
What are the advantages of Concept-HDL over OrCAD-Capture ?
Thanks

What Eda to use....

Regnum
iam too new in Concept hdl. while in learning process i found that Concept hdl have a good integrity with the allegro with the hlep of Constraint manager. where you can define the electrical parameters.
also constraint manager can also be invoked in allegro.

binu G

tichy

If your looking for a fairly simple and easy to learn program then use Pr@tel. It will allow you to get up to speed quickly.

What Eda to use....

concept -> allegro

For layout, PADS-POWERPCB is always simple, and easy to do. For schematic, Orcad is best sch.tool and got good features for library updation and replacements , since thers is no back annotation available from pads to orcad, we can prefer orcad to allegro for simple designs .

also , orcad is better than concept HDL for small simple pcb designs, as concept has got more prcodures and setups for a simple work , as orcad has got all direct simple methods to do a schematics and netlist transfers, bom reports ,,,,

I also recommed Protel becauese it's very simple.

What Eda to use....

We can use pcbnavigator to back annotation from powerpcb to orcad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back