Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what EDA software do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maark6000

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2014! Time to ask this question of all of you. To design and test out ideas... what EDA software do you like?

I personally have loved Circuit Maker Student... 50 component max and all. The learning curve on that was as shallow as can be... and being able to trouble shoot logic circuits on the fly with its animating LEDs and 7-segment displays has been a joy. And, it's free. Can't spit out a PCB, and I'm tired of running into the 50 component max... so I'm ready for new ideas.

(BTW... I contacted Altium and scolded them for not producing a product that doesn't cost an arm, leg, kidney, etc. If you can buy Photoshop Elements for under $100, you should be able to buy some sort of limited EDA software for a similar amount of money. My 2 cents.)

You could try Autotrax DEX from www.kov.com

It has full schematic capture, PCB autorouter with printable or Gerber output, 3D visualization, parts generator, unlimited nodes, layers and board size and includes a Spice simulator as well - for $49 which includes support and updates for 1 year. The demo is the full version with a time limit which is unlocked when you buy the license. It can legally be installed on multiple computers too but I believe is locked to your email address so you can't share it with others. There are more than 110,000 parts in it's library.

Bad point = it only works under Windows, I've tried it with Crossover (Wine) under Linux but it has problems.

Brian.

cool, i will check it out. thanks Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.