Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does this symbol represent in SN74ALS232B datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashi123

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In datasheet SN74ALS232B by TI, there is this elliptical symbol with two lines inside can you please tell me what it is?
On page number 3 [logic diagram] Check the signal LDCK from there you can see the buffer below it and to it, an "elliptical symbol with two lines inside" (attached the image) is connected. please let me know what is this symbol means.
Please find the attachment for the symbol and circuit.

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 102
  • symbol.JPG
    symbol.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 97
I’ve never seen that before, but based on the surrounding circuit, i’d guess it’s a delay line. I have no idea what that block with “1D“ and “C1” is either. Maybe a flip flop? Terrible schematic, regardless.

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If this happens to be a RS-232 receive channel then that symbol probably represents the special input divider / level shift that must precede the 5V logic chain.

Looks like a pulse delay for edge detection. As far as I'm aware of no standardized logic symbol.

d123

Reactions: shashi123

d123

Thank you all for your response,
@Easy peasy:
what is the info attached, can you please explain?
Also, one more question I have. If it's a delay line, is it a phase delay on the clock (eg:45 deg, 90deg,..etc)
I‘m pretty sure it’s a time delay; a phase delay would imply some frequency information. it’s just to delay an edge so a pulse can be generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.