Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does SMP option in PIC MSSP module do in SPI protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdalla

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

in pic MSSP module there is pit called SMP which

When in master mode it will control whether data is sampled when the PICmicro MCU is in the middle of sending its own data or whether the data is sampled when the PICmicro device is at the end of sending its data.

why this strange option in the SPI protocool ..any one knows applications ??

thx

Re: SPI- PIC - SMP

It could be for supporting different spi modes, I think they are called 00, 01, 10 and 11 from memory. However I have seen sampling point options on a lot of different stuff so I don't actually think it has to do with the spi protocol.

Re: SPI- PIC - SMP

maui said:
It could be for supporting different spi modes, I think they are called 00, 01, 10 and 11 from memory. However I have seen sampling point options on a lot of different stuff so I don't actually think it has to do with the spi protocol.

thx man,

But i know that they did SMP to support 10 ,11 .........etc BUT I`m wondering why they made those modes.. on other word wht is the benefit 4 exmple of sampling in the end of Data out u understand me? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back