Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does "PWL(1)" in hspice mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petelee

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In hspice manual, there's an example of voltage-controlled capacitor like below.

Gcap out 0 VCCAP PWL(1) ctrl 0 2v,1p 2.5v,5p

I'd like to know what PWL(1) means.

Thanks in advance!!

Arbitrary...(.pwl). Piece-wise linear .....current source.

For times before t1, the current is i1. For times between t1 and t2, the current varies linearly between i1 and i2. There can be any number of time, current points given. For times after the last time, the current is the last current.

Thanks for comments.

Then the number "1" inside parenthesis is time or current?

Arbitrary...(.pwl). Piece-wise linear .....current source.

For times before t1, the current is i1. For times between t1 and t2, the current varies linearly between i1 and i2. There can be any number of time, current points given. For times after the last time, the current is the last current.

i am using ltspice
will see if there is somthing similar

Gcap out 0 VCCAP PWL(1) ctrl 0 2v,1p 2.5v,5p

In distinction from the simple PWL, which only describes the piece-wise linear function between 2 nodes,
PWL(1) has 2 independent control nodes (ctrl 0) which control the behavior between 2 other -- independent -- nodes (out 0).

In distinction from the simple PWL, which only describes the piece-wise linear function between 2 nodes,
PWL(1) has 2 independent control nodes (ctrl 0) which control the behavior between 2 other -- independent -- nodes (out 0).

Thanks!!

By the way, only the number "1" is allowed in the parenthesis? What if it's PWL(2)? I can't find any description of PWL(1).

By the way, only the number "1" is allowed in the parenthesis? What if it's PWL(2)? I can't find any description of PWL(1).

No, there's no PWL(2), just PWL(1). It's a HSPICE extension, not generic SPICE.

I would expect, that a HSPICE user knows about existing software manuals? I'm not using HSPICE, but I find detailed information about the specific PWL(1) syntyax by simply browsing the HSPICE Simulation and Analysis User Guide.

No, there's no PWL(2), just PWL(1). It's a HSPICE extension, not generic SPICE.

I would expect, that a HSPICE user knows about existing software manuals? I'm not using HSPICE, but I find detailed information about the specific PWL(1) syntyax by simply browsing the HSPICE Simulation and Analysis User Guide.

I viewed this linked manual published on the web, but I'm not able to find it. :cry:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...8X52qbteg&sig2=2_0eSpqJDUAU3Q8Kju92_A&cad=rja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back