Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

What does offset voltage mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSRA

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am always confused with a term caled "OFFSET Voltage"..
what does it relly means...

hbaocr

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Hochiminh City university of technology (VietNam)
Activity points
Offset

hi,MSRA
I think
"OFFSET Voltage is the voltage you don't want it appear on your signal.Cause Its appearance make your signal not right as you expert. But the shape of your do not change.OFSET voltage is usually DC voltage. EX : if you need Sin signal but the signal which u receive is 1+4*sinwt Hence,1 VDC is the Ofset valtage. Or If you need 5 VDC out put from your IC OPAMP but the level voltage you receive only 4.5volt,since that OPAMP have 0.5 OFFSET voltage.hope it helpfull to u

Kral

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Offset

MSRA,
For Op Amps and many other electronic devices, it is the input voltage that must be applied in order to force the output to 0. In this context, the proper term would be "input offset voltage". Ideally the input offset voltage is zero.
Regards,
Kral

MNomanA

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

i think the dc signal which is superimposed on the ac signal..... that's only what offset is as far as i know.....

A.Anand Srinivasan

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

offset is the difference between the signal that we use and signal that the system sees.... for example you give a 10V input to a amplifier, but the system would see something less or more if there are stored charges or someother factor say the system sees 9.9V as input then .1V is the offset...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor