Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does MACs/s mean in TIGER SHARC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_ttc

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO GUYS ,i m newly started to read about tiger sharc in this i got a small doubt
in manual it was written like this

"ADSP-TS101S can perform 2.4 billion 40-bit MACs or 600 million 80-bit MACs per second."

in this what is ment by MACs/s

may be it is a idiotic doubt but plz help me guys

--pradeep--

Re: help in TIGER SHARC

hi pradeep,

MAC in DSP is Multiply and accumulate in a single clk cycle.

chin

help in TIGER SHARC

One of the significant feature which makes a microprocessor into a Digital signal processor is the MAC, as Chin said its a one cycle multiplier and u must know that it can operate in 2 modes....40 bit mode and a 80 bit mode.

couple of barrel shifters also come with this MAC block .

I love this feature in the processor..

Like Multiply and Accumulate is the heart of any DSP algorithm, likewise MAC is the core of DSP. you should have really known this before starting work on DSP.
buddy this wasn't meant to affend ...

Regards

qasmi said:
Like Multiply and Accumulate is the heart of any DSP algorithm, likewise MAC is the core of DSP. you should have really known this before starting work on DSP.
buddy this wasn't meant to affend ...

Regards

for u r kind info

Multiply and Accumulate=MAC

its not 2 seperate units..its the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back