Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what does LM386 + ADC0804 make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrw429

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've uncovered a couple of parts kits that I put together around 1988, and now I can't figure out what I was making. Any ideas what this would make?

I think it would go into a 1" x 2" x 3" bud-box. Parts list is:

LM386 Low Voltage Audio Power Amplifier
ADC0804 CMOS 8-bit A/D converter
1/8" phono jack (mono)
1/4" phono jack (mono)
RCA jack
10 µfd electrolytic capacitor
47 pfd ceramic disc capacitor
0.1 µfd ceramic disc capacitor
1000 ohm resistor

Add wires and this is the complete parts list. I recall that the jacks were in parallel as alternate input (or output?) jacks. There was also a grommet in there, for some wire leading to "something else". Computer I/O? To parallel port perhaps?

I'm curious if someone far more clever with hardware than I am can guess what's up.

it seem you try to build some digital audio recording/audio sample by using pc parallel port

Hallo jrw429,
You must give into a searchmashine, as google, only "ADC0804 datasheet":)
Or you can call direct; i.e.: www.alldatasheet.com...
K.

Yes Dian, I vaguely remember that being correct. In fact, I think it might have been a kit for the Amiga.

I do have data sheets for both ICs. My question is: together what do they make? And hopefully, can I deduce the design and finally build it 20 years later? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back