What does large resistor do in circuit paralleling inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicket

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a little question

There is a circuit in which a inverter paralleling with a lardge resistor,what role does the resistor plays?

Re: a little question

It could be providing a negative feedback to alter the threshold of the inverter.
Eg, without resistor, the inverter theoretically will change state at Vcc/2. With resistor, there will be forming a hysterisis.

How to decide the value of the resistor?For 74AHC1G04,the value is 100k,what's the threshod?

a little question

Hi, When a resistor is placed between the input and the output of an inverter it is a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK its role is to linearize the inverter to obtain an amplifier (an inpt resistance is needed.
Anyhow there is no threshold or hysteresis whitch is caracteristic on a positive feedback

a little question

Right, the moment there is a big resistor in parallel with an inverter, the resistor is acting as a DC short and ac open. Hence the inverter is forced to operate as a push-pull amplifier.

Please check the circuits.

That’s the one in which the inverter have been mentioned above .I have the following questions:
First of all, what role does the inverter play? Does it transform the sine wave to square wave? Second, What role does the R3 play? How can I decide the value?
The last, What role does the part including SN65LVDS1 and SN65LVDS2 play? Can I use the signals in the output port of 74HC1G04 directly? What’s the advantages?
Thanks!
[/code]

Added after 3 minutes:

Status
Not open for further replies.