Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does it mean to say that voltage supply is 0-30V 0-10A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous.

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have seen many power supply projects online

what does it mean to say this voltage supply is 0-30V 0-10A ??
does it mean that both voltage and current are variable (without affecting each other)??
or one of them is just variable while the other is constant ?? or just one is variable with a maximum value for the other ??

i dont seem to get it right

Re: power supply project

The primary mode will be a variable, set voltage, with up to the maximum current given, depending on what the powered circuit draws.

Very often the PSU will also have a constant current mode. In that mode, the voltage is varied automatically as the PSU attempts to maintain the set current. This mode might be entered automatically if the PSU is in voltage mode, but the current drawn by the circuit reaches the current limit. In this way the current limit can be used to protect the circuit in the event of a fault.

A good laboratory PSU should have both modes.

Re: power supply project

I have seen many power supply projects online

what does it mean to say this voltage supply is 0-30V 0-10A ??
does it mean that both voltage and current are variable (without affecting each other)??
or one of them is just variable while the other is constant ?? or just one is variable with a maximum value for the other ??

i dont seem to get it right

That means that you can set max voltage and max ampere on output from power supply. Example set voltage to 15V and amperage on 2A, that means voltage will be 15V with max allowable current up to 2A.

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

Here is one classic example of that power supply unit :

Bench Power Supply 0-25v @ 0-5amp
https://www.microsyl.com/index.php/2010/03/31/bench-power-supply-0-25v-0-5amp/

powersupdisplay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back