Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does it mean that data typically changes in SPI interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunokasimin

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data typically changes during the rising edge or falling edge of SCK.What does actually "data typically changes means"?

Re: spi interface

On a spi interface, the data you are sending down the wire is either a logic "1" or a logic "0". The data will change between these 2 values. So typically, you set the data line high or Low then you set the clock line from low to high to low. And keep repeating till all the data is transmitted.

Red

Hi,
If you look at the SPI timing diagram, you can see that the MISO and MOSI data lines change state during falling edge of the clock in Mode 0 and Mode 3, whereas for Mode 1 and Mode 2, these lines change state during rising edge of the clock.
Regards,
Laktronics

spi interface

Hi can somebody help me?I have to make a C code for initialization of SPI-module.i have to set bits of registers,is these somebody who have some exaples

Hi,
Plase tell us what the chip is that you are trying to program? It is necessry to make sure that the device that you are programming is set up the same way as the one at the other end of the link, also be careful to find out if the other device thinks it is a master or a slave as this will affect how you have to talk to it.

Not all makers of devices with SPI interfaces seem to agree on what is standard for a SPI interface so that is another little bit of fun that you may have to cope with before the devices all become a happy little family chatting together nicely. :D :| :D
Best Regards.
Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back