Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does FDMA stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dak-ju

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know what is fdma? In what way Is it different from dma(dynamic mem. access)?

Regards
dak-ju

fdma??

Is it frquency division multiplex access?

Re: fdma??

This is a form of frequency division multiplexing where there are more users than frequencies so some method must be used to assign the frequency to each user needing one.

In organized systems, such as trunked ones, one frequency is used for coordination. There is one station that keeps track of who is where when and assigns new requesters an unused frequency. When they are through they notify the one station who can then assign that frequency to another user.

In an unorganized system each user selects a frequency by listening first to make sure it is not used. The ham bands are an example of this type of system.

Re: fdma??

flatulent said:
This is a form of frequency division multiplexing where there are more users than frequencies so some method must be used to assign the frequency to each user needing one.

In organized systems, such as trunked ones, one frequency is used for coordination. There is one station that keeps track of who is where when and assigns new requesters an unused frequency. When they are through they notify the one station who can then assign that frequency to another user.

In an unorganized system each user selects a frequency by listening first to make sure it is not used. The ham bands are an example of this type of system.

Hi ,

Actually I didn't mean freq. div. multiple access. what I know is - fdma is a type of dynamic memory access(dma). I want to know how is fdma different from dma.

Regards
dak-ju

Hi,

I want to know what is fdma? In what way Is it different from dma(dynamic mem. access)?

Regards
dak-ju

Hi,
FDMA is one among multiple access techniquies.dma(dynamic mem. access) is not at all related to this but,during code writing time allocation of memory normally use static memory allocation or dynamic memory allocation.donot compare FDMA with DMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back