Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does (Cadence) PSD stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicleo

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence psd

What does (Cadence) PSD stand for?

But I could not find the product information at Cadence official website. Would anyone pls advise whether Cadence PSD has been renamed or discontinued?

Thank you very much

cadence psd 15.1

PSD stands for "PCB Systems Division". No, the products haven't been discontinued.

In the past, all the products from that division were distributed on a set of CD's that carried a product revision number such as: 14, 15, 15.1, etc. The individual products contained on the disk set had their own revision numbers, such as 0rcad 10. Your purchased license(s) would give you access to the appropriate products from the disks.

psd 14 pcb design studio

Thanks.
Is Cadence PCB Design Studio part of Cadence PSD? Pls advise.

psd stands for schematic design

what is the current version of PSD?

- Jayson

cadence what does spb stand for?

Is Cadence PCB Design Studio part of Cadence PSD? Pls advise.

Yes, Design Studio is on the PSD disk set. PSD 15.1 is the latest version of Cadence PSD. There is an update, but Cadence changed the name of everything in the update.

The latest update is called SPB 15.2 (Silicon-Package-Board), and the new name for "Design Studio" is "Allegro PCB Design 200 Series". Some of the stuff included in the PSD 15.1 disk set is not included in SPB 15.2.

For the new names of things, go to:
https://www.cadence.com/products/si_pk_bd/index.aspx?lid=spb
and click on the link that says "pre-platform technologies reference grid".

Thanks House_Cat. You sounded to be very familiar with PSD. Are you an expert of PSD?

Thanks House_Cat. You sounded to be very familiar with PSD. Are you an expert of PSD?

No, I'm not an expert. I do consulting work, and I'm exposed to many different EDA and simulation products.

Some customers use Cadence PSD products. I can do the basic functions with most of their software. I don't use Cadence software for design, but I do edit/check/modify/translate designs that customers have done using various products from PSD.

Now, cadence move its PCB design product line to Sillicon to PCB co-Design platform called SPB152

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back