Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does ^ and v symbols in timing report represents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biju4u90

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is a part of the timing report file of my design.

Path 1: VIOLATED Setup Check with Pin U_FFT2/\dr_reg[13] /CLK
Endpoint: U_FFT2/\dr_reg[13] /SIN (^) checked with leading edge of
'CLK'
Beginpoint: U_BUF2/URAM/\read_addra_reg[1] /Q (v) triggered by leading edge of
'CLK'

In this report, what does the ^ and v symbols in SIN(^) and Q(v) represents?

Rising transition / falling transition, I think.

Is there any significance for the rising/falling transition of beginpoint/endpoint of data path? The rising/falling transitions in these pins should be input dependent, right?

there is nothing like "input_dependant"...the tool will analyze both rise and fall paths for any constraint. it is needed for getting the worst case. the same applies to clock tree as well.... all this is correlated with spice for tool deployment.

@artmalik: While checking setup violations, I had a path like this with violation.

Endpoint: U_FFT2/\dr_reg[13] /SIN (^) checked with leading edge of 'CLK'
Beginpoint: U_BUF2/URAM/\read_addra_reg[1] /Q (v) triggered by leading edge of 'CLK'

I resized the buffers in the path for fixing the violation. When I tried to report the timing result of the path, I got the report like this.

Endpoint: U_FFT2/\dr_reg[13] /SIN (^) checked with leading edge of 'CLK'
Beginpoint: U_BUF2/URAM/\read_addra_reg[1] /Q (^) triggered by leading edge of 'CLK'

Why does the edge at the Q pin changes? Also, when I check the timing report, it was seen that the path from Q(^) to SIN(^) contains different instances now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back