Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does an UWB antenna project require doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Om-3alawi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got only this information,

The project will use readily-available, utra-wideband radio (UWB) antennas to send a microwave (3.1 - 10.6 GHz) signal over a range of 1 m and detect the return beam. As the time of flight can be measured and hence the phase shift, a simple yet effect radar can be produced.

can anyone guid me on how to start?[/u][/b]

Since a UWB signal is noise-like, you cannot measure any phase shift. However, you can measure time delay (in your case 6 ns which may not be too precise as the fastest logic I know of ECLiPSE is 100 ps reaction time.

If you do use a single frequency signal, you can do what was done around 1920-1930 and known as a Radio Altimeter. A swept frequency signal was beamed to the ground and the return signal was mixed with a low power version of the transmitted signal. The time delay and the sweep rate an the distance would cause an audio tone output from the mixing. The audio frequency was related to the altitude.

As William Shakespeare (a few hundred years ago), Who was quoting King Solomon (a few thousand years ago), who was quoting who knows who, said "There is nothing new under the sun."

Om-3alawi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back