Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Does Agilents IC - CAP do ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaerf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iccap site:edaboard.com

Hellow all,

I just want to know what exactly we do Agilent's IC - CAP do ???

As per my idea in this " we need to have some practicle models in our circuit simulation software. So here we exactly take some practicle models such as MOSFET , BJT, HEMT etc..... and extract the RF and DC parameters of that and finaly we build our element library using that.

More it (IC - CAP) should be a combination of Hardware kit + software I guess
hardware extract the parameter and software does some editing on that.

AM I WRONG OR RIGHT pls correct me if any body have used this tool from agilent.

Last point is the long form of this is Integrated circuit - Characterisation and Analysis program.. so what is Characterisation and Analysis on this

thanks in advance ,
with regards

The hardware of IC-CAP do the necessary DC and RF measurement; the software does the model extraction.The whole system is a device modeling program that provides powerful characterization and analysis capabilities for all of today's semiconductor modeling processes. IC-CAP offers device engineers and circuit designers modeling software that performs numerous modeling needs including instrument control, data acquisition, graphical analysis, simulation, optimization, and statistical analysis.
You need different software module for different device model. IC-CAP provides extraction modules for a wide range of popular device models which covers a wide range of model types such as Diodes, MOS, BJT, MESFET/HEMT, Noise, Thermal Effects and many others.

For more detailed information, check the following link,
http://eesof.tm.agilent.com/products/iccap_main.html

i like that software very much.It could talk with ADS directly,since it belongs to the same company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back