Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you gain from Verilog2001 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2moon

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Verilog2001 has added a lot of features/properties to make it can do things that VHDL can do, such as "signed" operation and multi-dimensional array.

Although the EDA venders, just like $ynopsys, C@dence, Ment0r, ... etc. all calim they will support Verilog2001 standard.
But in order to be portable to older veriosn Verilog simulator or logic synthesizer, I still use the subset of Verilog1995 to do my design.

I am wondering if you can really gain something from Verilog2001 ? 8O

Verilog2001

Simply, I could obtain a better shape for my verilog code. I do not have to repeat the port list agian after module definition!

I think so , at least, it is possible for us to define the multi-dimension array and define an array of real numbers.

I build array processors in FPGA. The Verilog 2001 'generate' statement makes my source code extremely compact, and easy to adjust the number of processing stages.

@ *, will never warry about the incompletely sensitivity list :D [/quote]

New future is good for write behavior model or test bench. such as new system task etc.

Actually I forget the new features of Verilog 2001 for the compatiblity reason.

hi,
Because those EDA vendors don't support V2K very well. Such as MD, if simulation tools and synthesis tools support it, I think I will to use those in my designs.

which vendor surport VERILOG 2001 ??
is it same as system verilog ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back