Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do we do in pre-route STA and post-route STA in SOC encounter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude040

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what do we do in pre route STA and Post route STA in SOC encounter ??

Re: STA

just to confirm that timing is still met ! routing add some more parasitic RCs....this may alter the timing ....!

Re: STA

How can routing alters the timing?? can u tell me?

Bcz it doesn't depend upon the parasitics i think am i right?
It depends upon the no. of buffers added , combi delays and so on
wt do u say?

STA

POST - routing ( a terminology similar to POST - layout i guess ) definately affects ur timing .... routing is the actual implementation of ur design ( hw its gonna come on the silicon) and hence the extact delays of the nets will be known only after that !!

during the pre-layout, the delays of the net is obtained frm wire-load models ( so u only get approxiomate timing closure values) , but only after placing & routing ur design, u get the real "net" values, so u hv to perform a "STA" after the routing as well !!!

parasitics extraction will be done only on the placed and routed netlist !!

so with this extracted values, u hv to perform a post-layout/route STA as well !!

WBR
Lakshman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back