Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what do u mean by biasing in transistor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaryrashid

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone
i have some question

1- what do u mean by biasing in transistor??

2-list the different types of biasing?

3- what is the operating point or Q point of transistor?

4-why it necessary to have a CAPACITOR between the input and the base of the transistor?

thanx

Hello

biasing the transistor meaning setting it in the right position of the amplifier operation region. in bipolar transistor amplifier the bipolar transistor has to be in the active region and is done from the DC setting which nothing but the biasing. the exact point of the setting is the Q point, in order to have maximum amplification we need to set it in the middle of the A.C load line . when we apply a signal it will swing around this point

we put the capacitor so Isolate the AC from DC because the capacitor will be open for the DC, this allow us to design the DC biasing without the effect of the AC circuits (signal source and load)

hello everyone
i have some question

1- what do u mean by biasing in transistor??

2-list the different types of biasing?

3- what is the operating point or Q point of transistor?

4-why it necessary to have a CAPACITOR between the input and the base of the transistor?

thanx

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend you highly to read the book of Electronic fundamental by Thomas Floyd, you love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back