Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what design corners should be checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhwa0013

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In analyzing the speed performance of a synchronous circuit, what design corners should be checked based on the factors listed to ensure the design will operate within a specified range of operating conditions.

normally, without OCV. we need to check setup with wcl-worst_case_low or wcz-worst_case_zero and with hold, we check bc-best_case or ml-max_leakage.
ofcourse,when signoff, we need OCV check with many corner included.
for synthesis, we just be careful with setup check (hold check will done at PnR)

1- synthesis should be done with the worst corner(s) to reach the setup constraints.
2- place & route, I usefully have in MMMC flow, how many setup condition, where I want to be sure my design must reach the setup constraints, and for the hold condition, all corners I want to have my design to be functional. I mean, some corners do not have a specific setup condition, but I want to be sure the chip works properly.
3- STA, I checks setup & hold, in all corners used before with the three RC extractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back