Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what dc motor driver? l293 and a l298

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandal S

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc motor driver

i need to control 2 dc motors, 6V or so (rc car motors, but one of them needs 3.5Amps if i measured corectly), no pwm, speed control or something like that, just on and off and reverse. i have a l293 and a l298. a have simulated in proteus, i put a uC, l293 and 2 motors; it gives at the output too small voltage. the l298 doesn't seem to work; i bought it for the 3A performace but it seems to be just for other tips of motors with pwm and that stuff.
so, what should i do? buy another drivers or i haven't done something good in proteus and they work just fine?

car dc motor controller

Can't say exactly what you are doing. You can try L6203

1n5822 l298

thanks for the replay
i'm trying to control a car with my h bridge, and not use the circuit on the cheap rc car.
so the h-bridge ic is for 5-6V, and can accept 3Amps (if i measured corectly) and for 2 motors in any direction

LATER EDIT: it seems i have forgotten about connectiong sens pin at the ground for the l298 and now it works; so the question is: does it work in real life only with dc signal? or it definitly has to be pwm or something?

what dc motor driver?

Hey .. just build the McManis bridge - that way you can use higher amp transisitors!

The 298 can burn out for your motors @3AMPs!

Re: what dc motor driver?

making an h bridge is not an option, for me, at least. i would like to buy in IC, easy, quick and efficient :)
if i use some diodes, will them protect the l298?

for driving a DC motor in bi-directional mode I used 2 Relays
they are the most reliable and easy to use then all other available options
and also cheaper

probably true, but i have already spent some money on the l293 and maybe i can make it work.
so i have 2 motors (on the car initialy, one was alimentated at 5.5, had a resistence of 2.2Ohm and the other one is smaller, no problem at that one)
i will put the l293 at 7.5V. if it will give 7V (the h bridge ic) => above 3Amps. which is a problem, in dc continuous current it says in the datasheet that maximum is 2Amps
i have 8 1n5822 diodes. will they protect the circuit?
i also can put a 4Ohms resistor on the sens pin; i think it will make I<2Amps. would i still have to put diodes?
and also for testing i could put a single motor in paralel function (in the datasheet it says unit 1-4 and 2-3. i didn't undestand, maybe because it 4a.m., but in my case it think it will work with 1-3 2-4, but that just depends on the input pin.
so...
1. always diodes?
2. 3-4ohms will do the trick without any other complications?
3. anybody has a schematic for a pic 16f8x and a h bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.