Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What circuit can convert 3.7v battery to 12v output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuljin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have a 3.7v battery with 650mAH rating. can i convert this to a 12v output and what will be the maximum current rating and time, it will take to discharge ?

btw thanks

rahul

12v 3.7 v

It mostly depends on the convertion circuit

Nandhu

12v 3,7v

thanks for the reply.

but i am asking for the circuit which can to this.

circuito fuente 12 a 3.7v

A boost converter can do this job. Google it you will find a variety of circuits

Nandhu

3.7v to 12v

Your 3.7V battery is probably a rechargeable lithium cell. Its fully charged voltage is 4.2V and its discharged voltage is 3.0V so its voltage changes a lot.

It is rated at 3.7V x 650mAh= 2.4Wh.

If your converter is 80% efficient then the 12V will have 240mAh.

Re: 3.7v to 12v

Dear Sir,

I have a 3.7v battery with 8000mAh (8Ah) rating. Can I convert this to a 12V. After that I would like to supply this 12V one output device which is 15W and what will be maximum current rating and time, it will take to auto discharge ?

Pls give the circuits of 3.7V to 12V converter. If possible also PCB.

with regards

Amit Roy

I have a 3.7v battery with 8000mAh (8Ah) rating. Can I convert this to a 12V. After that I would like to supply this 12V one output device which is 15W and what will be maximum current rating and time, it will take to auto discharge?
A voltage boost converter circuit uses extra power to work so it might draw 18.8W from your 3.7V battery to produce 12V at 15W.
Then the battery current is 18.8W/3.7V= 5.1A. Your battery might be rated to supply 800mA for 10 hours and we don't know how long it lasts with a current of 5.1A. We also do not know what is the minimum recommended voltage for your battery and for the boost converter circuit.

The battery voltage will drop for the entire discharge time so the voltage boost converter circuit might need a voltage regulator circuit which uses extra current.

Pls give the circuits of 3.7V to 12V converter. If possible also PCB.
We do not design circuits for free for strangers. Look in Google for the project.

Hi All

MAX668 from Maxim ( **broken link removed**) is a good start point to your project.

Best Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back