Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What audio standards will work with H.264 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eexuke

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
questions about H.264

Hi,
Although I know H.264 is a pure video coding standard,I have some questions about it. Since H.264 is a potential coding standard for HDTV,it must be cooperated with some audio signals. How can H.264 be integrated with some other audio codec standards? Or what audio standards will work with H.264?

Thanks in advance!

questions about H.264

You can find the 7411 of Broadcom, the datasheet of 7411 will state the audio standard with thw 7411 AVC decorder.

Re: questions about H.264

Where can I get more information about H.264?

hi,
check this site for standard

**broken link removed**

also there was a special issue on h.264 in ieee check that too.
regards
parth

Yes, H.264 is pure video coding technique (or standard). MPEG-2 part 2 is also pure one. They generate only video encoded bitstream.
Audio bitstream can be generated seperately from Audio Encdoer like AC-3, MP3, DTS audio encoder and so on.
There is a container standard (or format) to mix up video and audio bitstreams. It is totally another issue.

questions about H.264

For H.264 information:
check https://www.vcodex.com/ site for introdactory level papers
You could also look into one of the latest uploads in IEEE papers section, there is colection of articles from IEEE and SPIE related to H.264

questions about H.264

H.264 Software

h**p://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/

Status
Not open for further replies.