Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are your RC interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubanflyer

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the title says, where are you interests in Radio Control Models?

I fly RC airplanes, and I am currently a member of the Dawn Patrol display team. We fly 1/3 scale WWI models in the UK.

We display at a large number of model show over here, but for the last few years we have also attended Euroflugtag in Germany.

I started flying RC in the mid-1950's, then stopped in high school as other obligations took precedence. I got back into the hobby in 1991 and have been flying mostly sailplanes and a few power -- both electric and fuel. Helicopters are still beyond me. I fly in Cleveland, Ohio with the Suburban RC Flyers and with a small group of sailplane diehards. John

Hi

You may remember the old single channel units then. The is a thread on one of the RC forums where a couple of guys have been refitting these units with a pic unit and 2.4 module, I don't know if you have seen it. John

Single channel, homemade transmitters, B-batteries, and rubber-band powered escapements were the norm. I have seen some of the retro threads on the RC forums. For me, it was great fun, great memories, and I formed some life-long friendships, but I don't want to try it again. I like to work with gadgets for our modern equipment and follow DIY Electronics on RC Groups (DIY Electronics - RC Groups).

John

I was not interested in RC when they were around, but like you I prefer the modern electronics. One project I have just completed for some of the guys I fly with, is to replace the control board in a paint ball gun. They plan on using these in 1/3 scale planes, they will not be firing paint balls, just after the sound effects when the guns fire. It means that the guns can be stripped down to the absoulte minimum and control the firing from a TX switch.

Another useful project would be a data system/tracking system for Club 40 pylon races -- four, 40-size, same-design planes in a pylon race. This is the second year our club has had that event, and it involves two other clubs in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I am a bit too old for that type of flying, but I help out with the record keeping. There might be some ideas pop up as the season gets under way. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back