Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are these structures in RF Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

strahd_von_zarovich

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am trying to understand the structures in an RF amplifier. I am not familier with production processes.
What are these structures which I marked them in the picture below? I thought they are resistance but there are wirebonds on them. What is the blackish material, is it conductive? Also, why there are stub like lines which I marked them with blue and green, is it for adding capacitance.

Structures.PNG

Thanks in advance.

The thin threads (top right red arrow) connecting parallel lines bring same DC potential, probably ground, or some other value, while chocking high frequencies.

Is the signal input on the right-hand side between the red arrows?

The thick silver wire reaching the thoroidal from the right, shouln't it have a protective shed?

Does the photo belong to a charger?

You are looking at a multi-tap printed resistor. The "blackish stuff" is the resist. the fatter ones are higher value resistors. The bond wires are to jumper over resistor values not desired. We use those as variable resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back