Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the typical costs of EDA tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Costs of EDA Tools

Yes, nearly every foundry (IDM or pure-play) worth talking about has process rule-decks for Mentor Calibre. If the foundry supports a second DRC/LVS deck, then maybe it's Assura or Hercueles.

For nearly 1 year, Calibre was the only DRC/LVS tool approved for TSMC 65nm (GP) standard-cell...

sorry, I've never hard of "IC Station" (but that's because I'm more of a front-end guy.)

Re: Costs of EDA Tools

IC Station is mentor graphics P&R tool. The reason I said MG Products may be cheaper because I know of a small design company that uses its products. Its very small so I thought they would get something affordable.

Costs of EDA Tools

The Mentor P&R tools are not as popular as SOC or even Astro. And I can understand that because right now SOC, Astro and Olympus are technically better than the current Mentor solution: Faster, more supported, more features, etc. That is why they don't charge as much for IC Station. Plus there are areas where SOC and IC Station don't overlap, like IC Station does schematic based design and Layout. Also, SOC and Astro can handle larger designs than IC Station.
But after this news of the merger/buyout with Sierra-DA, the Place and Route market will change. Mentor will probably integrate Olympus with their flow and start charging a lot more for their tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back