Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the types of Stepper Motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alameer

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
www.eio.com/jasstep.htm

welcome for all

i have one Q about Stepper Motor

Q1- Type of stepper Motor ( Number of coil).
Q2- who can make one revelution righ and left

stepper software

Types Of Stepper Motor:
Stepper Motors can be sperated into two groups:
1- Permanent-magnet (PM) stepper motor, this kind of motor creates rotation by using the forces between a permanent magnet and an electromagnet created by electrical current.An intersting characteristic of this motor is that even when it is unpowered, the motor exhbits some magnetic resistance to turning.

2-Variable - reluctance (VR) Stepper Motor,It creates rotaion entierly with electromagnetic forces electromagnets created by different coils.

Typical stepper motor has 4 wires coming out of it (i.e it has 2 coils so it divides the rotor rotation to 8 steps), some stepper motors can divide the full rotation into 200 step according to number of poles on both the stator and rotor

Lets consider a typical stepper motor with 2 coils (4 wires coming out of it , 2 wires for each coil )
Lets name these wires A , A' for the first coil and B , B' for the second coil

If you applied different logic voltages on the two ends of one coil (e.g A=0 A'=1 or A=1 A'=0) then this coil will be magnetaized and then you will have one pole inside the motor is north while the other is south.

If you applied the same logic voltages on the two ends of one coil (e.g A=0 A'=0 or A=1 A'=1)then this coil will not be magnetaized.

so according to the applied voltages on the four ends of the two coils, you can determine the position of the rotor.

so by applying the proper sequence of logic voltages on (a , a' , b , b' )the rotor will change its position from one samole to another.

Example: To rotate the motor one rotaion Clock wise:
then signals ( a , a' , b , b' ) will be :
1 0 0 1
0 0 0 1
0 1 0 1
0 1 0 0
0 1 1 0
0 0 1 0
1 0 1 0
1 0 0 0

To rotate it CCW:
1 0 0 1
1 0 0 0
1 0 1 0
0 0 1 0
0 1 1 0
0 1 0 1
0 0 0 1

Reactions: munzir

munzir

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Stepper Motor

thank

assume 3 wire or 5 wire who make rotation for them .

if you but some picture >>> good:)

Re: Stepper Motor

Try this link to stepper basics data sheet

**broken link removed**

More detailed data sheets here

**broken link removed**

regards Polymath

Stepper Motor

my final project wants me to do pc-based dual stepper motor with monitoring system

Added after 3 minutes:

so,anybody can give me some help to give a little bit description about my final project..thank you..

Stepper Motor

guten morgen!
how do we using visual basic software with stepper motor?do we have any tutorial of visual basic?last but not least,why we should know good degrees in dual stepper motor?reply me a.s.ap.thank you

Re: stepper software

Types Of Stepper Motor:
Stepper Motors can be sperated into two groups:
1- Permanent-magnet (PM) stepper motor, this kind of motor creates rotation by using the forces between a permanent magnet and an electromagnet created by electrical current.An intersting characteristic of this motor is that even when it is unpowered, the motor exhbits some magnetic resistance to turning.

2-Variable - reluctance (VR) Stepper Motor,It creates rotaion entierly with electromagnetic forces electromagnets created by different coils.

Typical stepper motor has 4 wires coming out of it (i.e it has 2 coils so it divides the rotor rotation to 8 steps), some stepper motors can divide the full rotation into 200 step according to number of poles on both the stator and rotor

Lets consider a typical stepper motor with 2 coils (4 wires coming out of it , 2 wires for each coil )
Lets name these wires A , A' for the first coil and B , B' for the second coil

If you applied different logic voltages on the two ends of one coil (e.g A=0 A'=1 or A=1 A'=0) then this coil will be magnetaized and then you will have one pole inside the motor is north while the other is south.

If you applied the same logic voltages on the two ends of one coil (e.g A=0 A'=0 or A=1 A'=1)then this coil will not be magnetaized.

so according to the applied voltages on the four ends of the two coils, you can determine the position of the rotor.

so by applying the proper sequence of logic voltages on (a , a' , b , b' )the rotor will change its position from one samole to another.

Example: To rotate the motor one rotaion Clock wise:
then signals ( a , a' , b , b' ) will be :
1 0 0 1
0 0 0 1
0 1 0 1
0 1 0 0
0 1 1 0
0 0 1 0
1 0 1 0
1 0 0 0

To rotate it CCW:
1 0 0 1
1 0 0 0
1 0 1 0
0 0 1 0
0 1 1 0
0 1 0 1
0 0 0 1

what faults generally come across while handling with stepper motors ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back