Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the StateCharts and what are they used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mImoto

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is StateCharts?

Hello,

I would like to know what it is StateCharts and what are they used for?. I mean, it is not enough with State Machines (C, C++). Which is the difference. Any book about automatic control and StateCharts or hybrid models?.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

mimoto

Re: What is StateCharts?

Hello.

In industrial automation exists PLC Programming language SFC ( Sequential Function Charts ). It had developed on base of Petri's nets.
The language made as description of proccess states and transition between them.
Maybe it will be usefull for you.

Best regards.

It is an FSM-like model of computation. Used a lot for embedded software design.

the_penetrator©

What is the difference between the FSM model and the StateCharts?. I have developed FSM in VHDL but I am learning automation and need to learn about these StateCharts.

Thanks again,

mimoto

Statecharts are used to simulate finite state machines.MATLAB has a component called Stateflow for this.You can download some help documents from www.mathworks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back