Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the information need to provide to PCB manufacturer and PCB assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_owl

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to PCB design. I would like to know what are the information that need to prepare for a PCB production.

As I know we will need to prepare Gerber file for PCB manufacturer, but which layers information in the must?? Can anyone list out for me?

And what are the information need to prepare for PCB assembly process?

Thank you!!

You will need to have the following ... usually.

silkscreen layer(two if you have top & bottom lettering)
Solder resist layers
Copper layers
Drilling file, for hole size and location.
There may be files needed for the Gerber and drilling to spec the sizes and shapes
The PCB contractor may have the same software as you used to create your PCB layout. In this case they will know what they need to produce your board. It is good to contact several contracters to see what they offer.

As for the production, you will need a parts list at least, and may have to provide parts, depending on the contracter. A parts placement drawing may be needed as well, depending on how detailed your silkscreen is.
Hope that helps.

For the board manufacturer you also need a manufacturing drawing.

Tis is akin to adrill drawing but as well as drill hits, sizes, plating etc on it, it also includes dimensions, board type,copper weight, coatings, standards to adhere to etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back