Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the full duplex technics and how to use them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICKMORS

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FULL DUPLEX?

IM LEARNING ANALOG DESIGN, AND I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TO SOLVE:

I NEED TO CONSTRUCT A DIRECT INTERCOMMUNICATOR, BASED ON FULL DUPLEX TECHNICS, BUT, AS IM NEW, I DO NOT KNOW WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO USE FULL DUPLEX, WHAT IS FULL DUPLEX, IS THERE ANY IC THAT COULD HELP ME ON MY TASK.....OR IS THERE ANY RECOMMENDED BOOK FROM WHICH I COULD LEARN?

THANX FOR ANY HELP

Re: FULL DUPLEX?

Full duplex means that information goes in both directions at the same time. This requires in simple methods two sets of wires or two frequency bands on the same pair of wire. Telephone modems send information both directions at the same frequency range and have sophisticated circuits to separate them at the receiving circuitry.

FLATULENT THANX FOR YOUR TIME,

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT?

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE FULL DUPLEX TO CONSTRUCT THE INTERCOMMUNICATOR,IS THERE ANY IC I COULD USE?

I would suggest the two frequency band method with filters at each end to separate them. You could use FSK with PLL ICs for the receivers and VCOs for the transmitters.

It all depends on what your school requires in complexity for a project. You should discuss this with the professor who will monitor and grade your work.

Hi,
Full duplex operation is more familiar with Ethernet kind of protocols. Where in you line drivers operate both ways. What I can see is that you can read few specifications of PHY chips of Ethernet i.e IEEE 802.3
10/100/1000 Mbps

I hope ths may find useful.
Cheers,
Gold_kiss

u can also check operation of cellular mobile communication it's also full duplex and may help u

Status
Not open for further replies.