Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the different 3G mobiles networks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helio1972

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3g ntw

what are the 3G mobiles networks? for me I knwo only UMTS. but sometimes i found people talk about cdma2000. can anyone explaine me in detail 3G mobiles networks

Re: 3G MOBILES networks

I also wish to learn more about 3G mobile network. If I'm not mistaken, UMTS and CDMA2000 are different 3G network architecture. UMTS is a revolution of GSM network, while CDMA2000 is revolution of CDMA network. I guess in most europe countries and south east asia, we are using GSM, but in america or korea, they are using CDMA.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. TQ.

3G mibile ntw consist of GSM circit switch ntw + GPRS packet switch ntw , CDMA 2000 is extended version of CDMA , it is not linked with UMTS ..

Hi,

3G is UMTS ,but UMTS includs two Classes:FDD system and TDD system. Furthermore, FDD includs also WCDMA (Wide Code Division Multiple Acess) and CDMA2000, TDD system is TD-SCDMA

For gian the detail, please look https://www.3gpp.org/

3G MOBILES networks

3G mobile networks are networks provide high data rates..abiut 384 Kbps.. the famous proposals for 3G networs are,,
-WCDMA the advancement of GSM in 3G and
- Cdma2000 the advancement of Cdma-one in 3G
there are also other standards in 3G networks but these two are mosr popular....
refering to UMTS.. its not a standard rather its a technology which states that " there should be services to users,, both data and voice,, regardless of the area in which they are,, that means roaming in the whole worls... for UMTS systems all the network in all the countries should be same..." this was stated by UMTS after which 3gpp and other organization strived to giva a common network and standard to all the countries.. they called for different standars.. and for this solution europe and its allies forwarded WCDMA, and america and its allies forwarded Cdma2000... similarly japan also proposed its own standard.. but WCDMA is generally accepted standard.. so that all the countries should deploy this standard and which can facilitate the whole worls roaming to users...
if there is still confusion u can ask me...
if u found this helping click Helped me button below

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back