Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the current market specifications for the memory BIST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafukarfoo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on memory BIST development using March algorithm.

Do you guys know what is the current market spec( area and speed ) for the memory BIST so that i can know how close my design to the market?

Thanks.

Re: Memory BIST Spec

Memorry BIST requirement is tightly couple to your design hence area/speed estimates from other designs won't be of much help. Area and timing are dependednt on BIST placement and the technology used fro the design. You need to pland and structure the memory bist to meet your requirement. mbistarchitect from mentor lets you explore carious configuration whether you choose serial/parallel bist

Without any bench mark,

Is there any way i can know how close is my BIST design to the BIST available in the market?

1. Usually the freq on which bist would work at will be far greater than your design, so I guess you dont have to worry about it, as the bottelneck would be your design frequecy. I would expect Bist to reach above 500MHz eaisly on 90nm TSMC library.
2. Area depends a lot on how generic ur bist engine is. Some bist engines are able to co-op with multiple memories, some are not. So area will be different in different bist engines.

Nevertheless an example here:
Gate count of a bist engine, for a memory whose address is 10 bits wide:
1635:
Library used TSMC
Technology : 90nm
Area : 10828 lib units.

I guess it would eaisly work on 500MHz+ clock speed.
Hope it helps,
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

Thanks Avi.

Your information really help me a lot.

It will be even better if i can get the 130nm and 65nm data for the memory BIST.
Do you know where i can get this information? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back