Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What are the basic parameters for analyzing a Frequency Selective Surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad idrees

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all;

My Question is what are the parameters that are enough for analyzing a Frequency selective surface using HFSS?

Means i am designing an FSS for band-stop applications so what parameters should be helpful to me for analysis for the structure? Like Scattering parameters S11 and S21.

What would be the other parameters other than Transmission and reflection coefficients and phase plot for analysis of an FSS. kindly tell me the latest updates for analysis of the frequency selective surfaces. can you share with me some tatorials files etc. :thinker:

Best Regards:

But the FSS elements resonance frequency, bandwidth will vary with the following. So you have to consider,
-TE/TM polarization ( your S11,21 will be different for TE and TM)
-Incidence angle variation (theta,phi)
-parameters of the FSS elements(like width, length, periodicity,substrate thickness)

But the FSS elements resonance frequency, bandwidth will vary with the following. So you have to consider,
-TE/TM polarization ( your S11,21 will be different for TE and TM)
-Incidence angle variation (theta,phi)
-parameters of the FSS elements(like width, length, periodicity,substrate thickness)

Thanks trstlm;

Definitely when i checked the angle variation (scan angle θ=0,15,30,and 45 degrees and Φ=0 degree) the s21 graph varies for both the TE/TM polarizations. but in array configuration almost same results are achieved. so i vave read some research papers in which the graphs of reflectivity and Tranmitvity of the FSS have been plotted so i want to calculate that, how is it calculated or plotted in HFSS ?

What do you mean by array configuration. In simulation even you see unit cell, due to periodic boundary, it is equal to infinite array.

What do you mean by array configuration. In simulation even you see unit cell, due to periodic boundary, it is equal to infinite array.

It means if i use the same unit cell periodically on the same substrate i.e 4x4 elements array then what would be the conditions.

kindly tell me how to plot or calculate the reflectivity for FSS in HFSS?

Best Regards:

The reflection coefficient is (S22 or S11) and transmission coefficient is (S21 or S21). I think HFSS will plot S in dB Vs Frequency. From above coefficients you can understand the behavior of the FSS screen. I still you have doubt you can attach the article which you refer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back