Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the available antenna design tools for PCB or 868-915 Mhz bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Antenna design tools

Recently I used HFSS to simulate a particular structure and compared it to the author's FDTD results. Infact, the HFSS results is comparable to the FDTD's and much closer to the practical's. In my opinion, I think all simulators are good, it's just a matter of how you draw the structure in them. Which is probably the reason why alot of people keep saying HFSS isn't good... blah... blah... blah. I hope this helps for those who wanna do comparisons to the various simulators available.

BR,
Dave

Antenna design tools

I would also recommend IE3D for any planar antenna analysis. it will be much faster than HFSS or similar 3D codes and MOM can handle planar antennas very well.

Antenna design tools

I think HFSS is good for this purpose

Antenna design tools

hfss ,cst ,etc can do it fine.

You can try QuickWave by QWED (or Vector Fields, it is the same engine) www.qwed.eu . Very good conformal FDTD.

Why don't you use semcad (www.semcad.com). They came out with a completely updated version by end 2005. Very nice conformal FDTD solver !
They also seem to have some kind of hardware based acceleration ... maybe somebody knows what it is !?

And it's very fast ... even software solver is almost 4 times faster than CST !
So I put CST back in the drawer :D
(features are similar, but semcad at least for me performed much better in GUI, memory, speed, postpro, etc.)

Behaved well for all my antennas (microstrip, helical, also arrays, etc.) and compared to measurements.

Maybe you have a look ...

BR
/N

They also seem to have some kind of hardware based acceleration ... maybe somebody knows what it is !?

That is dedicated card which you put in PCIe slot and which makes FDTD calculations instead of CPU (~4x faster).

Ok, I see ... thanks a lot for the information !

I don't have such a acceleration hardware yet but will check the price with them.
Looking at the semcad.com site it seems that it is 5 - 10 times faster than a P4 3.6 GHz.
WOW

I use CST and SEMCAD here and SEMCAD software (no acceleration hardware) is already 4 times faster than CST, so it must be orders faster then with hardware acceleration !

I need such a PCIe card ! :)

Thanks again for your help ...

BR
/N

Antenna design tools

where can i find the free xfdtd ?
Thank you !

Antenna design tools

cst is the best one , but ie3d can also do it

Antenna design tools

I think that ANSOFT HFSS 10 is the best choice !

Antenna design tools

in my opinion ,IE3D is uesfull in designing the 2D structure antenna morethen the 3D .

CST Microwave Studio is a good one for the microstrip filters and antennas (many times checked). For the waveguide problems CST in adequacy of analysis is the same as HFSS 10, but needs more computational time

I think that CST MWS is the best choice !

I agree this viewpoint. CST MWO is the Best

Please try MWO from AWR

Antenna design tools

you can use ADS for your design!

I recomand microwave office in planar simple projects.

Antenna design tools

HFSS and IE3D both are good for antenna design.

Antenna design tools

for planar design , IE3D is good choice , and for 3D
simulation , HFSS is a good choice.

Antenna design tools

MWStudio may be useful. In urop used this, extendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back