Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the applications of the header file Dos.h for Microcontroller Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know it is used for programming x86 Microcontrollers and has some registers defined in it. What I do not know is when would we need to use this and why? What can it do?

I have done some search and what I find is that dos.h is actually obsolete. Modern CPUs are not how they were when dos.h was written down. But the point remains, in the world of less powerful embedded processors dos.h does have some applications. I merely want someone to expound somewhat on this subject :)

The specific purpose of the dos.h header file depends largely on the compiler/libraries being utilized.

It could contain, function prototypes, predefined macros, constants, etc.

Why not simply open it and examine its contents, it is essentially a text file.

Post its contents here using CODE tags for a more specific discussion.

Concerning embedded applications, the dos.h header file should only play a role with x86 based devices and there are many other platforms used in embedded applications.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back