Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are biased diode limiters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niyazkc

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I read that in the biased diode limiter, the diode is connected in series to a voltage Vaa. The negative of Vaa is connected to the anode of diode. Now, when ac signal is applied, when the signal is greater than Vaa in the negative region, it is cut off. Can anyone tell me why this is so?
Also please tell me what Series, Parallel, negative and positive diode limiters are? I tried to browse them in net but culdnt find anything useful.. Please direct me to any website that you might know..

Re: Biased diode limiter

when Applied AC Voltage will be greater than Vaa Then Diode will be in Reverse bias Condition so it will be in cut of state..

Now why diode will be in Reverse bias because when negative ac signal is Greater than Vaa so that anode is at higher voltage level than cathode.

Status
Not open for further replies.