Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What algorithms can be used for channel estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshdy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

Alamouti algorithm (Oct 1998) needs channel estimation.
If any one knows what algorithms can be used for channel estimation please tell me, at least the names of the algorithms.

regards
Roshdy

Alamouti algorithm

There are plenty of algorithms to do channel estimation. The basic idea is that you must send either training sequence or pilot signal to let receiver estimate the channel. To get the channel estimate you can use least square (LS) algorithm.

best

Roshdy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Alamouti algorithm

Dear mimomod

Please help the below questions... expecting reply from your end...

1. BLAST system is used for which environment for MIMO channel and their applications.

2. sphere decoding algorithm is used for AWGN or Rayleigh or it support for both.

3. What is Rich scattering environment and why it used in BLAST (Bell layered space- time) systems.

4. what are all the types of channels and their applications.

Alamouti algorithm

Dear vkekk
My answer to the first question:
BLAST code is used in channels with no fading or not very bad fading. Then it can be used for increasing data rate and spatial multiplexing in contrast of another space-time codes like space-time block and trellis codes.

Dear mimomod
please give me more details (block diagrams or equations)

I model the channel as a exp(j Θ )

I want to estimate a and Θ , at leat a

Roshdy

Dear m_llaa

What do you mean BLAST Code?

Can i get answers from other questions..

Alamouti algorithm

Dear vkekk
BLAST codes have some types. Very famous type is V-BLAST, but another types like H-BLAST and D-BLAST are available.
I think your first question about BLAST system is the system that uses BLAST code.

dears vkekk and m_llaa
please post another topic for your discussion
Roshdy

Status
Not open for further replies.