Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What after DS89C430 flash has been loaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashuein

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
while I have successfully loaded the flash with some program (hex file) the condition maintaine was EA-0V PSEN-0V and RST- +5v

now when we have to run program what has to be done with these connections??

That is what shoul I do with EA PSEN and RST pins?????

please help needed.....

to run the program , keep RST at 0v.
if it is a single chip version ,
EA=5v and PSEN 5V

i did the same. On power up the I set RST pin to high for some time and then connected to ground while keeping the PSEN and EA to high all the time .

But the controller despite being successfully loaded with hex file by microcontroller toolkit it does not execute the program.

What may be the possible problems??? is it necessary to have momentary switch with RST pin. If I change the power input myself by changing the pins from Vcc to GND won't work???

I have connected LCD with Port 1 and program is to display characters in the LCD.

even I loaded one program to send 08 to port0,,is not working.

you need to read the datasheet a few more times to understand how the chip works.

it does not execute the program.

how do you know that?

normally reset pin should be at high level at power-on state.
then after 50 to 100 millisecond delay it should be brought to zero.
all these things with power supply at 5v.

you cannot do it manually .
use a reset circuit of RC type for the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.